posted instructions insufficient to migrate from current 1password to account 1password7

kenney
kenney
Community Member

have followed posted instructions and forum advice, but unable to migrate from fully functional multi-device 1password to new 7.
iMac, current OS, new account, new 1password app.
please advise how to map existing database to new account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kenney
    kenney
    Community Member

Specifically, many roads lead to this post/instruction, which is not at all relevant to a migration because the menus referenced are outdated and not visible from current app version. please provide link to current relevant version.
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/
    same applies to the following.....
    https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/?mac
    the new app does not offer an operable means to import from existing database on neither local machine nor iCloud, counter to statements in above linked instructions.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @kenney! I'm sorry you're having a difficult time getting set up with 1Password 7 for Mac.

the new app does not offer an operable means to import from existing database...

It does, but I'll need a little more information to make sure I'm pointing you in the right direction. The more detail you can give us, the better. Thanks in advance.

iMac, current OS, new account, new 1password app.

Thanks for that, but would you mind elaborating a bit so I know what the details are? I'll be best able to help you that way. When you say "new 1Password app," does that simply mean that you've newly downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac and are installing it in an environment (Mac) where you've previously been using 1Password 6 for Mac? Or does "new 1Password app" mean that you've never had 1Password on this particular Mac in the past?

This discussion has been closed.