Buying license for 7, does it include Windows + Mac?

Hello,
I've been a customer since 2014 or so, I have purchased the bundle Mac, Windows and iOS, which I use on a regular basis.
I was a bit disappointed when subscription was introduced and have been searching for alternatives, and I'm happy to see that see that version 7 reintroduced standalone licenses so I'm ready to upgrade and continue with 1P.

My question is, buying one license, what will happen, can I use it on all 3 devices? do I have to buy it separate and finally, is there any special upgrade discount? I have a license key and serial number for those versions.

Thanks.
David

1Password Version: 4.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BrianBrian

Team Member

Hey there, @david789 !

Thanks so much for your long-term support! We really appreciate it! :)

1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Windows both support standalone licenses, but we still highly encourage using a 1Password.com account.

Unlike a 1Password.com account (which comes with access to all of the 1Password apps), standalone licenses are only valid for the version and platform that you purchased it for. For example, a license for 1Password 7 for Mac is only valid for 1Password 7 for Mac, and would not work with 1Password 7 for Windows. You can use the license on as many devices as you want, provided that the devices support the version of 1Password that the license is valid for.

Instead of providing an upgrade discount, we decided to do a global discount for the new versions. Licenses are currently discounted at $49.99 (normally $64.99). When launching 1Password 7 for the first time, you should be prompted to either sign up/sign into a 1Password.com account, or to purchase a standalone license. Feel free to choose whichever option you're most comfortable with! :+1:

If you have any other questions, you know where to find me!

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

I reckon that for anyone using both Mac and Windows, the subscription is the best financial value.

For someone using only one platform, the cost factor is not so clear. But there are non-financial advantages to subscribing.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Indeed. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file