To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why do the apps in my 1password app on iphone and ipad not open.

Tessa
Tessa
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Memberships

I have a membership and have no problem opening apps located in my 1password app on my macbook pro. The 1password app is also on my ipad and iphone and although the apps and websites with all their details are located in these 1PW apps I cannot open any apps or websites from the ipad or iphone. Please help.
Maybe I am not expressing myself correctly, but I am not sure how to explain that I cannot access any apps orwebsites from the 1Password apps on my iphone or ipad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a membership but cannot access apps from ipad or iphone

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, @Tessa ! Sorry to hear about the issues with accessing your data.

Just so I can make sure that we're on the same page, are you able to see your items in the iOS app, or are you just unable to open them?

• Tessa
    Tessa
    Community Member

Hi Brian. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am able to see the items, but cannot open the apps like I can on my Mac. In the meantime I have , however, noticed that one can reveal the passwords of the various apps, but I’m still curious to know why I can’t open the apps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tessa: While 1Password can securely store login credentials and other information for you, it cannot open other apps. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do?

• Tessa
    Tessa
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Hi Brenty. I'm sorry I am explaining myself very badly. Let me try giving an example. On my Mac - if I open 1Password and go to "All items" I find all the stuff that have passwords listed below one another. So, say I want to go into "booking.com" all I have to do is double click on "booking.com" and it opens. However, whilst everything is visible in "all items" on my iphone and ipad (ie. it looks exactly as it does on my mac) the items won't open when I double click on it. I hope this make a bit more sense.

• Hi @Tessa,

If you tap an item like "booking.com" in your example, does it show the details of the item including username, password and website? What happens if you then tap on the website? Does it open then?

Rick

• Tessa
    Tessa
    Community Member

Presto!! - it worked. Can one be so "challenged"? Thanks so much Rick.

• It's perfectly reasonable to expect an app to behave the same across devices. It's just unfortunate that they don't actually behave the same in this case.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.