Import of password containing ampersand

This isn't a Chrome Extension bug, per se, but since I only use the Chrome Extension right now:

When I exported my account data from LastPass as a CSV, and imported it into 1Password Cloud, one of my passwords contained an ampersand. This was imported into my account as & - which obviously causes logins to fail...

I just checked, and the CSV file exported by LastPass does not contain the "&" string; only the raw ampsersand. So either my browser mangled the data when pasting into the import box / when posting, or something on the cloud side did...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@haraldwithtwoehs: This is excellent feedback, Thanks! I'm going to double-check and see if I can reproduce this and then create an issue for the appropriate team.

I have a love/hate relationships with edge-cases, but at least they help me stay employed. :)

Thanks for your help!

&drew

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

I've had a long career debugging other people's code. I feel your dilemma :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@haraldwithtwoehs: The good thing is, I do my part and leave stuff for others to debug as well. :pirate: I believe in paying it forward. :tongue:

&drew

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

Oh my gosh. Actually LoL !!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

:)

&drew

• awp
    awp
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Edit: Nevermind - I found out it was a LastPass export issue after reading this article: https://support.1password.com/import-lastpass/

I just imported my Lastpass accounts into 1Password and have the same issue.

• Lastpass CSV export: $$V6&zG9@EBgy^gHl&CkQwJS3QouA8Lv
    • 1Password value after import: $$V6& amp;zG9@EBgy^gHl& amp;CkQwJS3QouA8Lv

(I added spaces before amp to break HTML parsing of the ampersand.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to get a good export and import that. We're here if you have any questions about 1Password. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.