How do I add a document in 1Password iOS, I'm a subscribed member but I can't see how to do this.

Richw
Richw
Community Member
edited August 2018 in iOS

I found the below [edit: quoting Ben; link added by 1Password team], but can't seem to do this:

If you are using a 1Password.com subscription account you'll be able to add photos from your camera roll as Documents in 1Password for iOS. To add one, unlock 1Password and open the Categories view. Tap the + (plus) button and select Document for the type of item you'd like to add.

If you'd like to link a Document to an existing item, for example if you already have a Login item for your debit card and want to link a photo of it, you can do that as well. Open the existing item, tap edit in the upper right hand corner, scroll to the bottom, and tap Add New File under Related Items.

At the moment standalone instances of 1Password for iOS, without the 1Password.com service, cannot create Documents. If you've purchased the Pro features you can view attachments that have been added from one of our desktop applications:

Pro features in 1Password for iOS

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I add a document in 1Password iOS, I'm a subscribed member but I can't see how to do this.

Comments

• Hi @Richw

Which part aren’t you seeing? Do you have a Primary vault on this device?

Ben

• Richw
    Richw
    Community Member

Yes, only really use Primary Vault, lists as primary and personal in the vaults. Don’t see any way to add documents.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018

The Primary vault is a standalone vault. It isn’t part of your membership, and as such cannot have Documents added to it. Our recommendation would be to move everything from Primary to Personal and then delete Primary.

Move items between vaults | 1Password

Once all of your data is out of the Primary vault select Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.