1password icon in Firefox app

Options
Thomas_W
Thomas_W
Community Member

Hello,
I am a new 1password user and just set it up on all my devices. On iOS, I can successfully use 1password with my apps like Safari and Firefox with the "Share" "1password" feature. However no icon to login more quickly appears in the login fields (Safari/ Firefox).
I browsed the forum but did not find a solution. Can you please help me to bring this useful icon, esp. on FF?
Thanks for the help,

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Thomas_W

However no icon to login more quickly appears in the login fields (Safari/ Firefox).

No such icon exists. That level of integration isn't currently possible on iOS. Unlike desktop platforms browser extensions don't run until you access them from the share sheet, and then stop running as soon as you close their window. We wouldn't have any way to put an icon inside of form fields like we can do in 1Password X for Chrome and Firefox on desktop platforms. That said there are some changes coming in iOS 12 that we're hoping to take advantage of that may make this a smoother experience (less steps). I don't have further details right at the moment, but I'm sure we'll have more to share as the release of iOS 12 approaches.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• Thomas_W
    Thomas_W
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Ben for your answer! I thought I have seen it in this video. Is it restricted to some apps?

• Ben
    Options

Correct, that is an icon that 3rd party developers add to their apps. It isn’t something we’re able to do in apps that haven’t explicitly added it (like Safari or Firefox). You can see a list of apps that have added support here:

https://blog.agilebits.com/1password-apps/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Thomas_W
    Thomas_W
    Community Member
    Options

Makes sense, thank you for your answer!

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. :)

Ben