When I press cmd+option+\ it plays the 'funk' error in Safari, like it detects a wrong keypress..

joostgadellaa
joostgadellaa
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

It has been doing this consistently for the past few weeks. I tried reinstalling the extension but that didn't work. For some reason it doesn't seem to recognise that the shortcut is an existing one and doing something.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Latest
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:funk

Comments

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member

cmd+opt+\
    is a keyboard shortcut under in System Preferences Keyboard - Shortcuts- Accessibilty- zoom

could it be that you have this activated in System Preferences
    and you are using the same shortcut to fill with 1Password

that could create a conflit, can it ?

• joostgadellaa
    joostgadellaa
    Community Member

I don't have it enabled...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

Hi @joostgadellaa,

If you're running Alfred, this hotkey can interfere with the Option-Command-\ keyboard shortcut that 1Password also uses (by default):

Changing/disabling either that Alfred hotkey or 1Password shortcut would stop Option-Command-\ from triggering the system beep. And if it's not Alfred, there's probably a similar clash between Option-Command-\ in some other app and 1Password.

Hopefully that helps you figure out what's causing this and stopping it from happening.

• joostgadellaa
    joostgadellaa
    Community Member

Thanks sjk, that was indeed the problem!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @joostgadellaa. Glad you determined it was that elusive Alfred hotkey provoking the problem. :+1::chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.