To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Wish to have membership, but keep my passwords vault in iCloud only, not move to elsewhere

I have long history of 1password use based on standalone licenses.
I have downloaded 1psw7, and currently in the membership trial period for a few days.

I am ok to have the membership and pay for it annually, to use 1psw7.
BUT I wish to keep using iCloud as my vault storage and synch.
I do not wish my passwords copied out to 1password.com.

Looking at vaults in 1psw7 I can see there are now 2, one under my name which holds the 1password login only;
the other is called "Primary" and its listed under iCloud, and has my thousands of logins.

So I just wish to stay on iCloud.
What do I need to do, or do I need to do anything, to keep using iCloud under membership and 1psw7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello @Ur3bCCqbqbZ4FbQ4dLx

Yes, you can do that if you want to and you are set up to do so right now. Although, I must say, I don't really see the reason why you would. Storing them outside of your account means that the data does not benefit from any of the perks of membership. Since you are syncing via iCloud it's not wanting to avoid cloud storage being the issue here so I must ask, why?

• cinthia
    cinthia
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

I want to do the same, keep my vault on iCloud. Can you please tell me how? The links here on the site say to "export" but 1Password told me no - because my vault contains documents. I'm guessing I could manually find all the documents, drag them to a folder on my desktop, delete from 1P, then try export again but...? yikes! I've been using 1Password since the very first release. manually finding all documents will be a nightmare. Please tell me I'm wrong and there's another way.

My reason for wanting to use iCloud instead of the subscription is that since the subscription, I've had nothing but problems. Wrong Password here, enter you secret key there, login problems everywhere. I thought I'd clean up my primary vault so I created a second vault and moved old logins and software licenses etc. that I want to keep a record of. Now I see 30 login choices for every web site. 1password worked flawlessly with iCloud, synching across all devices, whether they were new devices or old. Maybe because I only use Apple devices but I only know that since my subscription I'm spending way too much time on maintenance (reason I'm here tonight). As I said, I've been a 1Password user since day one and loved it's beautiful simplicity. Now it feels clunky and overly complicated.Maybe the subscription is overkill for me.

Please tell me how to export, backup or merge my subscription vaults so I can use iCloud again. Thanks for your help.

• @cinthia,

The instructions on reverting to standalone vaults from membership can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

That said, membership is the way forward. It would be preferable to get membership working properly you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.