OP_SESSION_foo environment variable doesn't work without --account flag

lilyball
lilyball
Community Member

When I sign in, the tool tries to set the OP_SESSION_<subdomain> environment variable, but this doesn't seem to actually work as documented. It says it will use the last-signed-in account if you don't pass the --account flag, but in my testing, it simply doesn't work at all without the --account flag. This may be related to my previous issue where op signin <subdomain> doesn't work (i.e. the tool isn't actually recording anywhere what teams I've signed in to). However I would have expected it to detect that I have a single OP_SESSION_foo environment variable and use that even if it doesn't remember what teams I've signed in to before.

CLI version 0.5.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@kballard Thank you for writing in. This has been reported a few times today (that's what happens when you ship a bug!), and we've tracked down the issue. If you update to version 0.5.3, everything should be right as rain. The team and I are sorry for the problems, please let us know how it goes.

• lilyball
    lilyball
    Community Member

This appears to work in version 0.5.3, thanks!

• ag_konstantin
    ag_konstantin
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@kballard I am glad that it now works as intended! Thank you for helping us keeping our tools bug-free!

Kind regards,
    Konstantin

This discussion has been closed.