Syncing a Shared Vault to Dropbox?

DianeL
DianeL
Community Member

Good morning! I was until recently an individual user, and I always made sure to sync my vault to DropBox for safety purposes. I am now a Family user, and I am struggling a bit with the conversation/migration. I don't understand how to protect my shared vaults. I guess I don't understand how they relate to the Private and Primary vaults I seem to also have. I don't know how to keep them all straight, up to date, and protected. Can you help me? Thank you!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: .0.7
OS Version: Mac High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @DianeL

1Password membership (including 1Password Families) doesn't utilize Dropbox or other third party sync service at all. It is an entirely first party solution. You can learn more about sharing vaults in 1Password Families here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

If you already have existing vaults in Dropbox that you want to share you'll want to create a new shared vault within 1Password Families and then move the items from the Dropbox based vault into the 1Password Families shared vault:

Move items between vaults | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• DianeL
    DianeL
    Community Member

Ben...thanks! I do understand creating and sharing the vaults. What I’m having trouble with is where are the shared vaults backed up? What if my Mac dies and my Time Machine back ups are wrecked, too? In the Individual account I synced to DropBox. Where is my shared vault backed up? Thanks!!!

• @DianeL

1Password Families vaults are stored on 1Password.com and cached locally on your devices that you sign into your account on. If you lose access to a device you would gain access to your data from a new device by signing into your 1Password account (your Emergency Kit can be incredibly helpful in this case):

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

Ben

• DianeL
    DianeL
    Community Member

Ben...Okay! Appreciate the clear and quick response!

• You are most welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.