To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating to Membership with both 1PW6 & 1PW7

Options
Wysunrise
Wysunrise
Community Member

We've been 1-password License users for years (couldn't live without it). Our iMac desktop hard drive failed and we had to get a new hard drive which for all practical purposes is like a new computer. 1-Password 6 still works fine and is all synced up on our other devices. However I downloaded 1PW7 on the computer with the new hard drive not knowing until after the fact that it wouldn't work well with the 1PW License. So at this point we have a mix: laptop and 2 IOS devices have the License version of the 1PW software and the iMac with the new hard drive has Subscription/Membership version of the 1PW software on it. And as of today, we own a License. Assuming we decide to go with the Subscription/Membership version of 1PW, what is the best way to migrate to this version on all of our devices?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 and 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: IOS11.4.1 and OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi there @Wysunrise,

If you want to switch over to using your membership you would want to follow the steps in our Migration Guide to move your data over to your new membership vaults. The guide can be found over at https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/.

Be sure to delete the old "Primary" vault on each of your devices once the migration is complete as keeping it around will only cause problems.

If you have problems along the way, let me know and I'll help you along. :)

ref: RHJ-42885-832

This discussion has been closed.