iPhone does not have option to sync with Dropbox/Icloud

Eudes
Eudes
Community Member
edited August 2018 in iOS

Hi,

I have a paid account (annual subscription) and I would like now to sync with dropbox. In my iPhone app I don't have this possibility to choose either sync (at all) with dropbox or icloud. Though when I'm adding a new item on my phone, "straight" away this item is sync on my 1password laptop app. Looks like it does sync but I don't how. I would like to understand and being able to choose the way I want to sync.

Thank you for your help or explanation.

Best,
Eudes

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox/Icloud

Comments

• Hi @Eudes,

I’d be happy to help, but I’d like to get a better understanding of what you’re trying to accomplish. What is it that makes you want to sync with Dropbox? 1Password memberships handle sync automatically — to access your data on an additional device download 1Password on that device and sign in to your 1Password membership account. 1Password membership is the sync service.

It would be possible to sync a vault with Dropbox, but you’ll lose out on some membership features by doing so.

Please let me know.

Ben

• Eudes
    Eudes
    Community Member

Thank you Ben for your quick reply.
    I understand now and realise how stupid was my question....
    If it's automatically sync it's no need to sync through dropbox.

Thank you very much again.
    Eudes

• Not stupid at all. :) Perhaps we’ve made it a little too intuitive. Folks expect to have to work for sync and we’ve made it too easy. ;) Heh.

Glad to hear that cleared it up. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.