i understand that the 1PW mini is supposed to be visible on the Firefox screen, but I can’t find it.

deemarc
deemarc
Community Member

Help me find the 1PW mini in Firefox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have been away for a week and found something on my iPad that said I could upgrade to IPassword 7

Comments

• Hi @deemarc

In order to have access to 1Password in Firefox it must first be enabled in Safari:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you've enabled it there you'll be able to see it in Firefox's share sheet as well. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• deemarc
    deemarc
    Community Member

My 1PW account is tied into Firefox & I can't find 1PW mini. Ben says to open it in Safari first. How do I do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:My 1PW account is tied into Firefox & I can't find the PW Mini. Can I enable 1PW in Safari? How?

• deemarc
    deemarc
    Community Member

My 1PW account is tied into Firefox & I can't find 1PW mini in Firefox. Your Ben tells me to open the mini in Safari first. OK. How do I do that?

• @deemarc

You’ll need to follow the instructions in the guide I linked above. This one:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension-ios/

Please let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• deemarc
    deemarc
    Community Member

Went thru steps in Safari incl. “move to top list”. Now what? Where do I find the mini in Firefox?

• @deemarc It’ll be in the same spot that it is in Safari: in the Share sheet. In Firefox the Share sheet is accessed by tapping on the ... in the address bar (at the top of Firefox). Then tap “Share Page With...”.

Ben

• deemarc
    deemarc
    Community Member

Ben
    Sorry. I don't find 1Password In Safari's list of Activities - on my computer
    On my iPad, in my PW profile, I find both Safari and Firefox
    But when I open Firefox on my iPad, I can't find the mini
    Marc Gregory

• @deemarc

Sorry. I don't find 1Password In Safari's list of Activities - on my computer

Okay. Your question is about using 1Password in Firefox on your iPad (iOS) though, right? The process for doing so doesn’t involve the computer at all. It all happens on the iPad.

But when I open Firefox on my iPad, I can't find the mini

You said that you were able to complete the instructions for enabling 1Password in Safari. Is that correct? If so once you’ve done so please see the screenshot above which shows how to access the same in Firefox. If you were not able to complete the instructions in Safari please let me know which step you get hung up on and what you’re seeing instead of what the instructions tell you to expect.

Ben

• deemarc
    deemarc
    Community Member

Ben: I'm confused, but still have a little insight.
    2-3 weeks ago I downloaded PW7 from the internet (Apple store) to my iPad. I still have a PW 6 document with my items on it (for safekeeping). But In my recent confusion I deleted the PW7 document/application.- and now I can't re-download it. I still have my PW Manager in 7.0 on the iPad along with the PW 6 document/application. I suppose I'll have to trash my 6.0 document - but I don't want to loose (reset) my latest Apple Password. Can you steer me through fixing this mess?

• I have to admit I really am not sure what state you're currently in and where you want to be based on your posts. I'm sorry. :( Let's try to approach this a different way. I'm going to ask some questions and ask that you please answer them as directly and succinctly as possible.

1) Do you currently have 1Password 7 for iOS on your iPad?
    2) Does that app on your iPad have your 1Password data in it?
    3) If you open Safari on your iPad and then tap on the Share sheet icon do you see 1Password listed there?
    4) If you open Firefox on your iPad and tap on the ... icon in the address bar, and then tap the Share sheet icon, do you see 1Password listed there?

I look forward to your answers and hope they'll help us get on the same page.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.