To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Have 1Password standalone - account frozen

Options

Comments

• paulmcclellan
    paulmcclellan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I have a stand alone version of 1Password. For that, I need a Primary vault, right?

I've just installed on a new Mac, and it's showing my account is frozen. But on my iPhone, I can still add logins. How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
    Paul

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @paulmcclellan

It sounds like you signed up for a 1Password membership trial at some point. Memberships are the only place where we use the term ‘frozen’. If your intention is to use 1Password standalone with a license, rather than a subscription membership, you’ll need to sign out of that membership trial:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Please note that 1Password licenses are for a specific version of 1Password, so if you’ve installed 1Password 7 for Mac for example you’ll need to purchase / have purchased a license for that version. That or use a membership subscription. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• paulmcclellan
    paulmcclellan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben! I'm now signed out of my account. When I open the stand alone app (on Mac), it shows "Read-Only". I assume that this is because I need to purchase a stand alone license? But I can save logins via iPhone. Is the license only for Mac?

• Ben
    Options

That is correct. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.