Way to disable Context menu in FF extensions?

The context menu entry drives me nuts and I hope you have a way to disable or remove it for me as I wanna have a clean context menu.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Sorry @heubergen, there is no way to disable the contextual menu option. The extension doesn't have settings or any form of UI (User Interface) beyond the button so everything is hardcoded. I don't want to offer any false hope that it may happen any time soon either. Unless we started seeing strong but divided opinions on it our focus will be on improving filling and site compatibility.

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

Lucky me that I know how to unpack your extensions and just take away the permissions for the context menu. And lucky you @littlebobbytables that your competition sucks, otherwise I would have switched just because of that and that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry you feel that way, but we need to design 1Password to help the most users. Encouraging people to use short passwords is just giving people a rope to hang themselves with, as most people will end up with a much weaker (it's exponential, remember) Master Passwords as a result. Similarly, there have been times when we did not have a context menu item for 1Password, and we received a great deal more feedback from people who wanted it. These are not things we can reasonably change just for you. :(

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

@brenty I think it's important to say that I'm not angry at you as people, but more at the product itself. Also my (negative) feedback should just be another voice in all the feedback you get. There should not only be feature requests but also feature removing requests from people so you can build the best product for the majority of the people.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heubergen: I understand and agree with you completely. All feedback is important to us, even when we disagree about what should or should not be changed. Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. I appreciate it. :)

This discussion has been closed.