I just upgraded to Windows Desktop V7 single license. I cannot delete or edit TAG names.

I created a new TAG name. Then I changed 22 items by deleting the old TAG to the new TAG name. The results are two categories with the exact same 22 items in BOTH categories. When I edit the items individually , I manually change it to my preferred category , click save, and both categories pop back in.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How to manage tags in V7 for Windows

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @kevindh,

Thank you for getting in touch!

When you edit an item in 1Password 7 for Windows, each tag has its own bubble:

Do you see something similar on your side? Am I right to understand that you delete the second tag from the item (by clicking on a small x on the right), but after you click Save, that second tag appears in your item again? That is quite strange, so please confirm.

On a related note, we have plans to bring bulk tag editing and other tags improvements in future updates.

I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Hi Greg,
    Your assessment is correct. I was working on my desktop version and kept running into this. I figured out that if I did the maintenance from my iOS on the iPad, the desktop Windows 10 version populated the changes. I’m guessing that because I sync with Dropbox, my desktop version kept syncing to match my iPad. When I did the maintenance from the iPad, everything synced together. Took me a while to change 199 item tags but everything is AOK. Thanks for the follow-up! Love the product.
    Kevin

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kevindh,

Thank you for the detailed info! It sounds really strange.

If you deleted your second tag from all of your items (and from your vault), does the issue remain when you edit an item in 1Password 7 for Windows now? Please let me know.

I am glad to hear you like 1Password. :) We are always here for you, if you need our help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Hello Greg,
    I opened my Windows Desktop and added a second tag to one of the items. I then opened 1Password on my iPad and the iOS version populated when it synced. I then turned off the iOS version, went back to the Desktop version and deleted the second tag.
    In a short time the second tag reappeared in the Windows version.
    I then reopened the iOS version, deleted the second tag and it synced with the desktop version removing the second tag.
    Thus, if you are trying to make changes in the Windows version, the changes seem to not keep until you make the same changes in the iOS version or open the iOS version for it to sync the changes.
    When both the Desktop and the iOS versions are opened the process between the two is seamless. The iOS version seems to be the main driver in the 1Password database.
    Also, the 1Password extension for Chrome has a "Login" icon. That icon is blank when I click on it. I have to start typing a name in order for the logins to start populating.
    I have a 174 logins that show up on my Windows desktop version and iOS version. All of the other icons in the extension seem to be working fine. However the ALT+number shortcuts do not serve any functional purpose. i.e. nothing happens other than putting a symbol in the search box. Maybe these are subscription driven which I do not have.
    Thanks again for your following up!
    Kevin

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @kevindh,

Thus, if you are trying to make changes in the Windows version, the changes seem to not keep until you make the same changes in the iOS version or open the iOS version for it to sync the changes.When both the Desktop and the iOS versions are opened the process between the two is seamless. The iOS version seems to be the main driver in the 1Password database.

It does not sound right: you should be able to edit or delete your tags in 1Password 7 for Windows without any issues. If you are not able to do that, we will need to investigate this behaviour on your computer.

Also, the 1Password extension for Chrome has a "Login" icon. That icon is blank when I click on it. I have to start typing a name in order for the logins to start populating.

1Password extension that you see in Chrome should show you the list of the Login items in your vault based on the website you are currently on in the browser. If you visit a specific website you have saved in 1Password and then click on 1Password icon, do you see the Login item for that website? Please let me know.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Greg,
    Yes I see the login. I was ignorant that that is the purpose of the “Login” setting.
    Thank you!

As far as maintenance being done on my Desktop version. How would you, “ investigate this behavior on my computer “

Kevin

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kevindh,

I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue with tags and then create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

I sent the information as you requested along with some additional test info.
    For your reference, your support ID is [#VXE-75182-831].

Thanks,
    Kevin

• @kevindh: I found your e-mail and diagnostics, thank you. We'll take a look and continue the conversation there. :chuffed:

ref: VXE-75182-831

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Hello,
    It’s been about 7 weeks and have never heard back from anyone at Agilebits.
    Sad

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevindh: Greg replied to you on June 10th. Did you miss that? Perhaps it got stuck in your spam folder. I'm resending it now, so please let me know whether or not you're able to receive the email this time.

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Brent’s,
    Thanks for the heads up! In honesty I did not receive the June 10th email. For whatever reason...maybe the Cookie Monster devoured it. However, I did receive the one you sent and will review and advise.
    Thanks for the follow up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

You're very welcome! Likewise, thanks for confirming you got this one. I'm sorry you had trouble getting the last. Hopefully you got some cookies of your own in the mean time. :)

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Hi Brent,
    Tuesday I followed up on the email you sent me with the questions and analysis.
    Emailed you further details and another picture. Also mentioned that I would like to take you up on the offer to explain how to fix my vault.
    Regards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep! I replied a bit ago. Let's continue the conversation there to avoid any confusing back and forth. :)

• kevindh
    kevindh
    Community Member

Howdy folks,

Just wanted to shoot you a blip letting you know I that joined the 1Password membership club.
    I must say that I’m very impressed by the ease of transitioning from a standalone license to membership.
    The operation on my five devices is smooth and fast, and the tag issue that I reference in this string no longer exist.
    I’m a happy camper!

Kevin

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kevindh,

Thank you for reaching out! :chuffed: I am glad to hear you like your new 1Password account.

In 1Password 7.2 for Windows you can edit tags right in the sidebar on the left, so please give it a try. If you have any questions, you know where to find us. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.