To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No autologin a dealbreaker?

Options
nikolaimih
nikolaimih
Community Member

I'm a long time Lastpass user. I signed up for a trial and like everything but the lack of auto login is a deal breaker. I don't see how its a security vulnerability when i open the right url. Its a big big time saver and important if you need to log in very fast when the situation is time sensitive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nikolaimih
    nikolaimih
    Community Member
    Options

I have to click the extension, move my mouse, click fill, move mouse, click login. Blegh

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nikolaimih,

Thanks for giving 1Password a try. I can say with some confidence that we will not be implementing automatic filling. The primary reason for this is a desire to avoid filling information into unintended/undesired fields like search boxes for example. If mousing around is costing you a lot of time you may want to give the Cmd \ (Ctrl \ on Windows) keyboard shortcut a try. On many websites once you’ve filled the information you can submit the form by hitting the enter / return key. You may find that to be faster than mousing.

1Password keyboard shortcuts

I hope that helps!

Ben

• nikolaimih
    nikolaimih
    Community Member
    Options

I've read an article from you on why and agree completely. Now I see it as a feature so I think you should promote that article more. :)

• I'm glad Ben won you over @nikolaimih. :)

This discussion has been closed.