To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Access

Marco92
Marco92
Community Member

Hi!

I restored my smartphone Honor 8 (with Android operating system) and I haven't way to access again the my account because because it asks me for a master key that I don't have.

How can I recover all the data I had stored?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Marco92

The only way to access 1Password data is with the correct credentials. This guide may help:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The term "master key" is not used by 1PW. What are used are "master password" and "secret key". I'm being pedantic because it isn't clear what you have and don't have.

The master password is created by you. It's absolutely essential that you know it, as you can't get anywhere without it. If that's what you don't have, then Ben's advice is the best.

The secret key is a relatively new concept. It only exists if you have a subscription, with a one-time purchase it does not exist.

I'm not very familiar with 1PW on Android. If you have a subscription you were advised to print out an emergency kit which has the secret key.

I am wondering if, because of having to restore your phone, you are trying to log in to a subscription while you actually have a licence (one-time or stand-alone purchase).

Do you have your 1PW data on any other device, such as a computer?

Hope this helps, but as I have little experience of Android, I may have got some things wrong.

• Good points here danco, thanks for chiming in. :)

Ben

• Marco92
    Marco92
    Community Member

Thanks but my problem is that i've Master Password but i don't remember the Secret Key...

• Marco92
    Marco92
    Community Member

I haven't my 1PW data on any other device, such as a computer :(

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

@Marco92,

Without your Secret Key it is not possible to access your 1Password data. The best we could do to help here is help you start over. If you’d like help with that please email us from the email address on your 1Password account at sales@1password.com. Once you’ve done so please post the support ID you get back here.

Ben

ref: DRX-84719-663

This discussion has been closed.