Items list doesn't change when I change category right after the app starts up

Options

It's annoying and intermittent, but usually happens when I first start the app after booting my machine in the morning. The app opens to the all items category list, but it's not highlighted as selected.

If I then select favorites, it shows the highlight, but doesn't change the list to show my favorites. I have to select all items, and then favorites again to get the list to change.

Once the highlight matches the list everything seems to work ok.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @matty666: This is indeed a thing and one that bugs me a bit as well. 1Password 7's UI doesn't always refresh when we want it to and, though it's gotten better over the years, the first time you open 1Password is still trouble. I see something similar when opening from my system tray. An item will be selected, but I can't see it's details until I select a different item, then select the one I was already looking at before again. It's small, but an annoyance and one we hope we'll have the time to tackle in the not-too-distant future. For the moment, though, you're already doing what I'd recommend – select a different category, then click the one you want again and it will always kick things into gear. 👍

• matty666
    matty666
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @bundtkate at least you've confirmed it's not 'just me' :)

• It's not problem, @matty666! I wish I had something more helpful to tell you than "you're not alone", but I'm glad some company at least helps ease the sting. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.