1Password 7 on Win 10 with 4k screen is super fuzzy

Options
maxschwanekamp
maxschwanekamp
Community Member
edited August 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password 7 seems to be horribly fuzzy on Windows 10. I just switched from Mac to Windows (because reasons!) and while I was indeed able to get up and running easily the app looks awful. Is there any hope?
Desktop app, with Mail to left for contrast
[screenshot with personal information removed by 1Password team]

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1P7 Win 10 super fuzzy on 4k screen

Comments

• @maxschwanekamp: The fun thing about screenshots is that they'll now look completely different on my 1440p screen than your 4k, so it's always a bit tough to see what you're talking about. That said, 1Password should handle hi-DPI just fine. Is this your only monitor for this PC, or do you have more than one, by chance? One trouble I am aware of is that 1Password doesn't presently adjust DPI between displays so if you open it on a lower DPI display, then move it to hi-DPI, it will appear fuzzy. If you have more than one monitor, move 1Password to the hi-DPI display, choose 1Password > Exit, then open it again. It should pop up on the 4k display and be nice and crisp after. If this is your only display, let me know and we'll do some more digging. :chuffed:

• maxschwanekamp
    maxschwanekamp
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Update to this: Kate was completely correct - I was switching between 1080p and 4k display settings. In the few months since I posted this I've also installed 1P on a new Dell XPS 15 with 4k display as well as dual 4k external displays. In all cases, 1Password looks good. Not quite as nice as the Mac version admittedly, but no pixelation issues or anything. I'm very happy that 1P has facilitated my move from one OS to another with minimal problems.

• Thanks so much for the update @maxschwanekamp! I remember this issue and it was a fun one to hunt down. I had to hook up my TV to my PC to sort it out, much to my boyfriend's chagrin as I had to ask him to move our TV to my office for a bit. I'm glad to hear we were able to make your departure from the Apple universe as painless as possible and I think we may have some UI goodies in store for you in the future. It's not in the immediate pipeline, but we've got a few tweaks up our sleeves that should make your hi-DPI experience even more pleasant down the road. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.