Auto Saving New WiFi

RonHeiby
RonHeiby
Community Member

Just signed into a new to me WiFi network. 1Password offered to save the new password for me. Cool. Only problem is that it saved it as a new login password instead of a new WiFi network. And I don't know how to convert it to one.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RonHeiby: Indeed, 1Password for Android only supports Google's Android Autofill for both saving and filling using Logins, so that's how it saves them. I can appreciate that it's a bit confusing in this particular instance, but at the same time if you saved it as a Wireless Router item you would not be able to use it for filling. It may be something we can improve in the future, but I think it would be even more confusing if 1Password offered to save it but then couldn't fill it because it was not a Login item. Something we'll continue to evaluate though. Thank you for the feedback on this!

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

Ah. Well, yes, saving it as something that cannot be used is not great. But since we have these various categories for things, having to put things into the wrong categories to work around product limitations is not great, either. I understand this is probably not a high priority, and I'm glad it's still on the list.

• Thanks for the feedback, @RonHeiby. I'll pass your request for support for filling items from other categories on to the team!

• Joolster
    Joolster
    Community Member

Agree with Ron here, the categorisation is useful, and having the arbitrary restriction on showing only certain categories for login prompts is just a pain in the backside, I end up having to either re-save as a login or have 2 things instead of one. Do you know if there's any schedule for this feature or is it way down the list?

• Joolster
    Joolster
    Community Member

Another example if it helps... I have certain websites I use where it would be very useful to be prompted for my passport number (or similar data that probably has a common form field prompt). If all the 1pass categories could also be tied to websites like logins can, it's a fantastic form filling helper. It would be great to find out that I just didn't spot this feature and actually it's already there.... :)

• Hi @Joolster. Currently, it's only possible to fill Logins, which is why you only see Logins items when filling. I'll pass your request to be able to fill other items on to our development team.

In the meantime, you can drag and drop data from 1Password into other apps.

This discussion has been closed.