Disabled beta but still getting automated beta updates

Toshen
Toshen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I asked about this previously:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94374/how-do-i-disable-the-1password-7-include-beta-builds-option#latest

As recommended, I turned off Automatically check for updates. I presumed that the next update I would receive would be a stable channel update. (Perhaps a mistaken presumption on my part?) Instead, the next thing that happened a couple weeks later was another beta update that downloaded and installed itself automatically. This is an actual screen cap as it happened (I deleted background imagery showing other open programs):

So how do I really disable beta updates? Do I have to downgrade to the current stable version? If I do that, will all my existing data be preserved?

Perhaps the next time you invite ordinary customers to join your beta program, you might consider explaining that while it's trivially easy to join the beta, it will take more effort to leave it. That way, your customers can make a more informed decision about whether to proceed.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1 Beta-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Toshen: You're getting beta updates because you're running the beta. If you Trash it and install the stable release, you should be able to disable betas in Preferences > Updates and stop being prompted for them. :)

• @Toshen,

This has been fixed in the 7.2 betas, it now correctly shows "include beta builds" as checked and not modifiable while running the beta.

• Toshen
    Toshen
    Community Member

Thanks for the update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion there. If you have any issues with future betas be sure to let us know. :)

• Laur59
    Laur59
    Community Member

Hello

I have followed your instructions:

• removed the beta version of 1Password
    • downloaded the latest stable version 1Password 7.2.1
    • installed it

But i am still unable to deactivate the option Include beta builds in the preferences

iMac Late 2009, macOS 10.14.0, 1Password 7.2.1

• @Laur59,

Yes, the fix for the checkbox not being uncheckable is coming in 7.2.2, which has not yet been released.

• Irvin
    Irvin
    Community Member

I'm on the 7.2.4 release (just re-download and install from the website, and I'm not able to uncheck the beta channel option.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@Irvin Is "Automatically check for updates" unchecked?

If so please check that option, then uncheck the beta option. You'll want to leave "automatically check for updates" enabled, but you can disable the other two if you wish. This way you're at least notified when a new update is available.

• Irvin
    Irvin
    Community Member

@AGKyle great, it works. Thanks.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@Irvin Great to hear that helped. Please have a wonderful weekend!

This discussion has been closed.