Bug or intended? - accessing an item in iOS app changes the last modified date for the item

Options
duelist77
duelist77
Community Member

I currently have a Families subscription and using latest versions of the Mac and iOS apps. When I open an item in the iOS app without editing the item, the last modified date for the item seemingly changes even though I didn't actually edit the item. For example, after I open the item in the iOS app, and then open the Mac app later and sort items by last modified date (most recent to oldest) within the Mac app, the item I accessed in the iOS app is on the top. The effect is most apparent when I open the item in the iOS app, completely close the iOS app, and then open the iOS app again a little bit later.

I don't think this behavior is good, since it could present a false alarm of an unauthorized change to an item. Is this a bug or an intended behavior?

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks for reporting the issue @duelist77! It's proved a tricky one to track down, but our developers are working on finding the fix, hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

ref: apple-266

This discussion has been closed.