Updated translations

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi!

I just updated 1Password to 7.1 beta 4 and noticed that some parts of 1Password are still not translated to my language Swedish, even though the strings on Crowdin are translated. For example Expiring in the Watchtower section, which was translated some 3 months ago still shows in English, while the rest of Watchtower is in Swedish. Can you please include the translated strings in the final 7.1 release?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.BETA-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @xe997,

Thanks for the heads up, we haven't forgotten about the translations. We'll be including the bulk of those translation changes into the first beta of 7.2.

• Diesmo
    Diesmo
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Also the german translation is still missing the translation for all the categories.

For example if I want to create a new object all the possible templates (credit card, secure note, password, etc) are still in english in the dropdown menu as well as the category names on the sidemenu. (even tho the actual word "Categories" is translated into german word "Kategorien")

Edit: Just saw now that this topic is in the Mac Beta (found it via the search function). I only tested the windows client with a non beta version. So sorry if it is already fixed in some kind of beta version.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@rudy

Thanks for the info!

@Diesmo Yes, this has long been an issue. The reason is those strings are coming from the server, not the app itself. I noticed recently that the web interface of 1Password however is being offered in more languages, including German, so maybe change is on the horizon!

• Diesmo
    Diesmo
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Also under Settings -> Security the options for auto locking the desktop app + deleting the clipboard are still english time values

Edit: Just tested the german webinterface and indeed after changing the webinterface from english to german the category names were translated, but only inside the webinterface. The desktop app has still the english names , so no live udating :(
    And @rudy can we get like a crowdin project for the webinterface as well? Some of the webinterface strings are in a pretty bad denglish (half of the words are english, other half deutsch/german) and some translations just sound straight like a copy&pasta from Google translate, with wrong adjectives or very questionable wording.

• @diesmo,

The native applications will need updates in order to get localized categories and item templates. They are still in the process of rolling out localization of the web interface. I don't have any timetable to convey right now.

• christan
    christan
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I've been one of the first 1Password account customers and cannot believe this is still not implemented, 2 years later. I honestly don't understand why this is taking so absurdly long, especially since the actual localizations are obviously available.

My topic about this from 2 years ago has been closed without a reason too: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/70488/1password-client-language-and-content-language-differ#latest

• christan
    christan
    Community Member

Update: Apparently this only affects the Windows version, iOS and Mac version seem fine

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, all discussions that old are closed automatically. We've got a dozen or so localizations for 1Password.com now, but each of the client apps need to be changed substantially to take advantage of that. You're welcome to participate in the beta 1Password for Windows version 7.3, or wait for the final release. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.