Not Seeing Personal Vault on iPhone

cgins
cgins
Community Member

Hi Team! I'm off and running tonight using the Safari extension to add passwords to my personal vault on the downloaded version of 1Password on my laptop.

But I don't see the personal vault or any of the websites on my phone. I just see the family account with a private vault and a shared vault, neither of which has anything I've added.

What am I doing wrong to sync across devices / apps? I actually have the same problem if I access 1Password through Safari on the laptop. I don't see the personal vault or the sites there either. As far as I know, I only have one iPassword account, but it's possibly I somehow created two.

Both devices are authorized in the family account, and Safari is authorized on each of them.

Thanks. I'm very eager to resolve this because my nearly 5 year old laptop is misbehaving and I am worried about not having access to passwords if I'm left to my phone and iPad.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.6, iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cgins,

If you log in at https://my.1password.com/ are you able to see all of your data?

Ben

• cgins
    cgins
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben. Unfortunately, no. I only see private and shared vaults under the family account there. I don't see the personal vault.

The only place I see the sites I've added is in the Safari extension.

• cgins
    cgins
    Community Member

...Safari extension on the laptop.

• cgins
    cgins
    Community Member

This is all I see:

• It sounds like you may have multiple memberships. Please check on the laptop in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts to see if you have multiple listed.

Ben

• cgins
    cgins
    Community Member

Excellent! As I feared, that is the case.

Looks like I've got the family one installed in most places, with the extensions manager in laptop Safari going to the personal.

What's the best way to move forward? No way to consolidate, I assume.

Looks like I could:
    • Unisntall the extension (personal), reinstall for family account and redo all those passwords (no way to transfer, I assume)? Close personal account.
    • If I change to the personal account for now, can I sign out and sign in again on the phone or do I need to delete the app and start over?

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cgins - oh, no, not at all. You certainly can consolidate -- though you may wind up with multiple duplicates to prune. The way to do it is to sign into ALL your accounts on a single device (a desktop/laptop is easier for this than a mobile device), then move the data into the account you want to retain using these instructions. Once you've done that, you can sign out of the unwanted/empty account(s) on all devices, then visit it/them in a browser and delete the account by going to Settings and clicking the "Delete" link at the bottom. Finally, make sure you're signed in with the correct account on all the devices, and you should be all set!

• cgins
    cgins
    Community Member

Half way there! Passwords moved to family account and showing on the phone. Hooray!

But I have no idea how to get rid of the personal account. I don't recall signing up for it, so don't have a master password or even the key. I checked my email, and didn't see a welcome or emergency kit for it.

When I sign in on Safari, I only see the family account.

Here's a screen shot showing both personal and family, but I only see both locally.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@cgins - you're most of the way there already. However, we don't discuss the nitty-gritty of people's accounts in this public forum, so I've shot you a quick email to the address you used to register here at the forum. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk (the NERVE! 😉).

ref: DVH-93192-511

This discussion has been closed.