AutoFill inside of application specific web views

Kush131
Kush131
Community Member

Hello!

When using the Twitter application, the default behavior is for Twitter to open all links in a web view created by the Twitter application. When I am visiting a page in this Web View (say the New York Times or Wall Street Journal) and attempt to autofill I am given the option to fill with my Twitter credentials instead of the webpage for the keyboard suggestion. If I press the "key" icon and then go into the "1Password..." menu I can authenticate via TouchID and it presents my login for the webpage and autofills fine, but I was curious if it would be possible to use the keyboard suggestion for the webpage instead of the application login (Twitter). It seems 1Password has some capacity to detect what webpage I am on, just not currently in the keyboard suggestion.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @kush131,

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately QuickType AutoFill is dependent upon the Application in question doing the right thing. In this case Twitter most likely isn't using the current WebView API. 1Password only receives context at the point where you tap the 1Password… menu item, so there's not really anything we can do about the QuickType listing for Twitter's integrated web browser.

• Kush131
    Kush131
    Community Member

That's a bummer. Thanks for looking into it + the explanation though!

• Cheers @Kush131, thanks for the bug report.

This discussion has been closed.