1Password can't save or fill in Google Chrome

I recently upgraded to 1Password7 and since then I have been unable have a properly functional integration with Google Chrome. The mini app works fine in Safari and Firefox, but every time I start 1P or Chrome, I am greeted with this dialog:

I have indeed restarted my browser, many times. I have tried the troubleshooting steps on the "Get Help" link, and ensured all of the Application Support content for Chome existed, including the NativeMessagingHosts file for 1password. I tried removing that file, which I figured would be re-created, but has not been. I'm using Chrome 67.0.3396.62, which is what I was using with 1P 6.x as of last week.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• mattshelton
    mattshelton
    Community Member

Literally started working on the next restart, and the NativeMessagingHosts file was re-created at that point.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Sounds about right @mattshelton, it waits for you to post and then goes "aha! I'm working again". Computers eh? :smile:

• sheaos
    sheaos
    Community Member

I am having this same problem. I've done several restarts and tried the troubleshooting steps on the "Get Help" link. Any input?

• boblegg
    boblegg
    Community Member

1Password Mini is not working properly on my iMac. Evidently email help is not supported, so will try this method

• sheaos
    sheaos
    Community Member

I am having this same problem. I've done several restarts and tried the troubleshooting steps on the "Get Help" link. Any input?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@sheaos & @boblegg,

If the suggestions on the linked Get Help page didn't resolve things then I'd want to review a diagnostic report to see what is going on.

If you've already sent in a diagnostic report hopefully you would have received an automated reply with a ticket ID. If you post the ticket ID here I can find the diagnostic report and reply.

If you haven't created and sent in a diagnostic report already then can you do so please. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. As requested above, please post the ticket ID and that will help locate it.

• sheaos
    sheaos
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables - thanks for this info. I have now submitted a ticket - #TQK-85438-975. Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sheaos,

I replied to your email, hopefully it has helped but if not please do let me know.

This discussion has been closed.