Adding locked family member

Bart van Belle
Bart van Belle
Community Member

Hi,

Something went wrong with trying to add a family member to my family account. The family member somehow set up a trial account, which is now locked. Can you help to set up the family member to the account?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bart van Belle: It isn't something we can do for them. But frankly it sounds like they're just signed into a separate account they'd already signed up for previously. That's the only way the account would have an trial, or that it could be expired. If they're part of your 1Password Families plan, they wouldn't have any billing settings or anything like that, as that's all managed by the Organizer — you. Are you seeing them showing up under "People" in your account?

https://start.1password.com/people

• Bart van Belle
    Bart van Belle
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

I finally got around to checking out why my girlfriend could not get on my family account. I see her in the People section. The account on her phone 1Password matches the one that is my People section, however her account is frozen. We tried to recover her account, but that failed. Her account is still frozen. She can access my account, but ideally she would have her own. I looked to see if I can delete her account from the family account, only to add her again, but I could not find a way to do that. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bart

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We tried to recover her account, but that failed.

@Bart van Belle: Can you elaborate on what "failed"? Was there some sort of error?

If you're certain that she doesn't have any data in the account, you can remove it from the People page in your account on the website. But it really sounds to me like she's simply got two different accounts, one under your family plan and another probably individual, so that wouldn't help in that case; she'd need to use the correct account. Let me know what you find.

• Bart van Belle
    Bart van Belle
    Community Member

Brenty,

She did not have any data in her account, so I removed her account from the People page in my account. I then deleted her account on her iPhone. After that, I added her to my Family account, and walked through the process of setting her up. Again, her account showed up as frozen. I don't know how to proceed from there. I'm hoping you have more suggestions...

• Bart van Belle
    Bart van Belle
    Community Member

I was able to create a Primary vault, next to her Personal vault, which shows it's frozen. However, I don't see my Shared vault on her iPhone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

She did not have any data in her account, so I removed her account from the People page in my account. I then deleted her account on her iPhone. After that, I added her to my Family account, and walked through the process of setting her up. Again, her account showed up as frozen. I don't know how to proceed from there. I'm hoping you have more suggestions...

@Bart van Belle: Interesting. Maybe you are the one with multiple accounts then: the (frozen) one you're inviting from, and then another that you've paid for. Hmm.

I was able to create a Primary vault, next to her Personal vault, which shows it's frozen. However, I don't see my Shared vault on her iPhone.

The Primary vault is local-only, not tied to an account, so that's not a good long-term option. But if you're seeing a "Personal" vault in the account they're using, that sounds like it will be part of an individual 1Password.com membership, not a family plan (as that should be using the name "Private").

Rather than speculating further, I'd like you to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#MXQ-56736-349]

If you’re reading this and you are not "Bart van Belle", this Support ID is for "Bart van Belle" only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you.

And if you're okay with your family member being involved in the conversation (that would be best, but it's up to you since it's your account) please have them send diagnostics using the same Support ID. That way we can take a look at both and get a better picture of what's going on. Thanks in advance!

ref: MXQ-56736-349

This discussion has been closed.