Missing items between Windows and Mac/Android

Hi, it took a while to figure this one out.

I am missing items that I created on my Windows machine. They do not appear in my Mac and Android version.
I am missing items that I created on my Macbook. They do not appear in my Windows version.

I have the following
1Password7 for Windows (license version) ) 1110 items
1Password7 for Mac (license version) 1119 items
Android app 6.8 (premium version) 1119 items
iOS app (premium version) ?

Everything is syncing to the new .oppvault in my dropbox.
The iOS app is hardly ever used. so I'll leave that one for now.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows7 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox .oppvault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathym: Do you have all of your devices using the same vault? If you just updated it to OPVault on one and didn't setup the others to use the new one as well they won't have the same data.

• kathym
    kathym
    Community Member

Yeah I do. I set it up according to your specifications. It imported all the data once and after that it seems that updates on the mac are not visible on the Windows and vice versa. The android app seems to be in sync with the Mac app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathym: Hmm. What exact OS and 1Password versions are you using on each device, and the path to the vault you're syncing with in Dropbox in each case? This guide may also help you narrow down why Dropbox would not be syncing the data to some devices:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Let me know what you find!

• kathym
    kathym
    Community Member

I'm sorry for this late reply. I'm struggling so much with my passwords after the upgrade to 7. Couldn't even log into this forum for a while as this login hadn't synced between devices.

I am leaving tomorrow to go to another country to work for 2 months. And I just got a new phone and a new iPad but most of my passwords are still on my old phone that I need to erase today. I fear the worst as I'm a developer with a lot of logins and this looks like its going to be a headache from beginning to end. Also I am running two shops and need to login on a daily basis in a lot of systems.

I looked at the link you sent but it's a lot of information and with the move I dont have time atm. But also I bumped into the fact that on Windows there is no export option in my 1Password version. So I really cant try anything unless I know my data is exported safely.

I tried exporting from my old phone too but there is no such option on my Note4. My (new) Note9 only has 319 of the 1117/1128 items so far and I installed it last Friday. Why is it so slow? Will the rest appear in the next few weeks/months?

Here are all the versions I am using atm
    Version 7.2.576 on a desktop with Windows 7 Professional and Service Pack 1 - 1117 items
    Version 7.0.7 (70007000) on a Macbook Pro with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 - 1128 items
    Version 7.1.1. on a iPad 2018 with iOS 11.4.1 - 196 items (installed on Thursday 23rd of Aug 2018)
    Version 6.8 on a Note9 with Android 8.1.0 - 320 items (installed on Friday 24th of Aug 2018
    Version 6.8 on a Note4 with Android 6.0.1 - 1128 items (this one I have to delete today)

It seems that my Note4 and my Mac have all items but there are items on the Windows that are not on those. Both the iPad and the Note9 started out with fewer items and seem to gain a few each day. Although no change since yesterday. I have no idea what invokes the logins to be added.

I cannot believe I am the only one suffering from this and although I understand that with a new system you are gonna run into things you never experienced yourself, this is not workable for me at all atm. But I'm willing to try and troubleshoot. I just exported my Mac entries so feeling better about that. It says 1191 items and 10 folders though. But I would really like an export of my Windows entries just in case before I try anything else.

Yes, all files are setup using the new opVault system on the same dropbox account.

If you need log files or whatever, please let me know.

• @kathym: There is an option to export on Windows. When viewing All Items in All Vaults, select 1 item, then press Ctrl + A to select all of them. Right-click in our item list and select Export. Do keep in mind that exports are unencrypted, though, so do take extra precautions to encrypt your exports.

On the sync front, logs would be good. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your e-mail. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, that will help us hunt them down so we can make sure you get a speedy reply.

Thanks! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathym: While I can't speak to any differences that might be present on the specific devices you're using, as far as 1Password, you can save your data as an OPVault to a location on disk that you specify, which will allow you to back it up or copy it to use on another device. Exports are intended for moving data outside of 1Password, to another app, so they must be unencrypted. But since it sounds like that's not what you're trying to do, saving the OPVault should get you what you need. And we're happy to help with anything else whenever you're finished with your travels. :)

• bobbybob
    bobbybob
    Community Member

I have the same problem, with the difference I save my .opnvault on iCloud, and use it as common location of the vault for my Mac and also my Windows laptop. It worked in the beginning, but doesn't anymore.

• iCloud sync has never been available on Windows, @bobbybob. In order to sync via iCloud, we use a feature of iCloud that Apple only supports on Apple devices. Might it be that you were able to open your vault from iCloud but it hasn't ever been actively syncing? As I mentioned above, too, sync troubles are best identified by looking at some logs. Chances are there's a setup issue somewhere, but it's a simpler matter to find it with logs than by having you dig around in settings. :+1:

• bobbybob
    bobbybob
    Community Member

I don‘t use the iCloud sync option of 1Password actually. I just open an existing vault from a „local folder“. But That „local folder“ Is actually a folder on my iCloud Drive, which I keep in sync using the iCloud software on Mac and on Windows. Should‘t this suppose to work? That is the exact principle as syncing over Dropbox, isn’t it? Also, Yesterday I narrowed down my problem: all changes I do on my Mac are instantly reflected on Windows, but not the other way around. Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bobbybob: No. iCloud Drive is meant for files and is completely separate from Apple's CloudKit, which is a key value/database sync platform developed for apps to use. It is not exposed in the filesystem or to the user anywhere on Apple devices; it's something that each individual app needs to support in terms of reading/writing to the database -- completely different from Dropbox, which is a file sync service. Syncing app data via iCloud will not work on Windows at all, as CloudKit is not available there.

• kathym
    kathym
    Community Member

Hello,

Sorry to reply so late - again. Unfortunately I am still suffering the same issues. I have been dealing with a hernia and unable to sit (behind a computer) properly over the last 7 months.

In short my problem: items on my Android/iOS/Mac do not sync to Windows but they are somewhat properly syncing between these 3. The items on Windows do not sync to the other 3. And i don't know when it happened but it doesn't seem to sync the other way around anymore atm.

I have tried the suggestions mentioned earlier except for sending the logs. What I did notice today is that the Windows installation does not say "On Dropbox" as the Mac installation does when I look at how the vault syncs. It is however syncing the same 1Password.opvault in my dropbox.

So consequently I have items on Windows that are not on the Mac and vice versa. I sometimes add a login to either system by typing it in manually. But would really prefer not to do that anymore.

Questions:
    1. How do I get one proper list with all my passwords
    2. how do I get the sync to work properly
    3. I looked at the start over instructions, but I guess that only applies to 1Password.com accounts, right?

I have made an export of my data from both Win and Mac as .txt files and .csv to be sure. Also .pif on the Mac.

My current list of versions I am using.
    7.4.767 on Windows 10 Pro version 1909
    7.5 on Mac os Catalina 10.16.3
    7.5.2 on iPadOS 13.4.1 (iPad 6th generation)
    7.5.1 on Android 10 (Note9)

I have time and am physically able to finally get this working properly. I hope you're willing to help because I am really getting tired of manually adding items.

• I'd suggest first sending those logs, @kathym. Most potential problems with Dropbox sync aren't terribly difficult to sort out with guidance, but they are legion and it's a far quicker process to take a dive into those logs than to try to check each possible issue one by one. We may still need to do a bit more digging into what you see, but looking at logs can usually rule out quite a few possibilities making it far easier to narrow things down further. :+1:

• kathym
    kathym
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate. I just submitted the reports. The support id I got is [#KNJ-97242-841].

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kathryn:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look at them and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: KNJ-97242-841

This discussion has been closed.