How do I get rid of suggested items in browser window?

Options

This is in 1Password7 for Mac extension. I find it an irritation and can't see a way to disable it!

1Password Version: latest 7
Extension Version: Firefox latest
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @spock999,

There isn't a way to remove it. In 1Password 6 for Mac matching Login items were displayed all in the first level of the menu, all we've done is move them into the new Suggested Items and added sections for other fillable types. This section needs to exist in some shape or form as filling the current page is a frequently used function in 1Password. What is it about this part of the new design that you don't like?

• spock999
    spock999
    Community Member
    Options

It irritates on the way to choosing the login I want to use.

It would be better if it dropped you into your favourites. I don't know about anyone else but I use 1Password by choosing a login and then going to the website via fill and open. It is very rarely that I go to a website and then choose which login I am goiing to use - so any extra step irritates.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @spock999,

While the UI has changed a bit, we've always preferred direct matches over favourites.

Here's 1Password mini from 1Password 6 for Mac. Focus starts on the first match and if you want to access Favourites you either need to use the arrow keys or the mouse.

Here is the same in 1Password 7 for Mac.

Now if you routinely open a blank tab before initiating open-and-fill it would change a little. In the new UI though you can use the left arrow followed by down to navigate out of Suggested Items and down to Favourites. In both 1Password 6 & 7 though if you start typing it automatically gets sent to the search field which could very well be quicker then navigating lists if you use open-and-fill.

As to the percentage of users that prefer open-and-fill over filling the current page we have no way of knowing. 1Password doesn't collect or send statistics so anything would be a complete guess on our part. I would anticipate a large number of complaints if we defaulted to Favourites though so I don't see it happening. I could of course be proven wrong, that's just my gut feeling on the matter.

This discussion has been closed.