What the... How hard can signing up be?

conventionconvention Junior Member
edited August 2018 in Purchasing

I've been a long-term user of 1P and never had these kinds of issues. I've been using 1Pv6 from the Mac store for a while, and decided today to upgrade to v7. After fumbling around a bit over whether to purchase a standalone license (it's what I'm used to) or a rental plan, and then whether to purchase from the Mac store or Agilebits directly, I finally settled on purchasing a rental plan from the Mac store. I "got" the new v7 app and it was installed on my machine. I opened the new app and got a splash page asking whether I wanted to monthly or annual pay option (I selected annual) and selected the "Try free for 30 days" button. I seem to recall it then asking for my Touch ID, and then asking for me to manually key my password (not sure why). It then left me with the splash screen showing a spinning wheel that never stops.

I've deleted the v7 version of the app from the machine and reinstalled - same issue
I've deleted the v6 and v7 version of the app from the machine and reinstalled v7 - same issue

The outcome of my hour+ of effort is a high level of frustration and the inability to get past the sign-up splash page for v7.

Can some please give me a comprehensive set of instructions on how to get v7 up and running, and assure me that I've somehow not signed up to purchase a dozen rental plans in the process of trying to get this app to work?

Thanks

1Password Version: v6.8.8 and v7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: v10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Hi there @convention

Sorry about the trouble. Sometimes Apple Subscriptions can be a little weird and cause trouble when trying to sign up. The easier way to get yourself signed up is through our website at https://1password.com/sign-up/. In order to make sure that you haven't accidentally signed up for multiple memberships, check your Apple Subscriptions through iTunes (instructions: https://support.apple.com/HT202039) and see if there are any payments for 1Password set up there. If not, you should be good to go.

• conventionconvention Junior Member

Hmmm, definitely a little weird. Not sure why it works via Agilebits store (and not the Mac App Store), but that did the trick.

Thanks for the help.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that Corey's suggestion helped. Unfortunately we don't have any real insight into the App Store since that's owned and operated by Apple, so it can be difficult (to put it mildly) to diagnose issues there (and even when we can, we can only pass that info onto Apple). Anyway, glad that the website worked for you instead. So long as you don't have multiple subscriptions showing up in your Apple ID (you'd have gotten email confirmations from Apple too) you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file