unable to load document error

I have 2 guest accounts that are able to login and see the files in a vault, but when they click on the files, they get 'unable to load document'
It used to work for at least one of the users, the other is a brand new user. I have removed and readded the accounts, tested with other guest accounts on different laptops, and cannot recreate. i suspect their local IT is blocking something, but what could it be?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to load document

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ColleenBlakelock! Are these two people from the same overall IP address (corporation, workplace, etc)? Or are they two people in separate circumstances? The latter would lead me to believe that the issue was one we need to look into on our end (and off the top of my head, I can't think of anything like that which would cause documents to be unavailable to only certain guests), the former would lead me to believe it's something with those users' IT/internet filtering rules.

• ColleenBlakelock
    ColleenBlakelock
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Ah, yes, I left out some crucial information in my haste. I've been searching the forums and can't find anything like it. Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, these are two people from the same domain, in the same office--a partner company we work with. At first, I assumed their IT was not allowing them to download files, but it seems odd that the 1Password (they are using chrome and firefox browsers on Windows) browser app shows the unable to load document in the app itself, before they even attempt to download. I guess I was hoping for some information they could pass on to their IT regarding something they might be blocking in their firewall, a specific port or something they could have their IT check on.

We haven't encountered this before, and we have 15 or so other guest accounts that work well. I have not tried or checked with other accounts from this same domain--it's rather a large ask as the frustration level on their end is quite high as I've done a couple screenshare meetings with them to troubleshoot and have come up empty.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ColleenBlakelock - sorry for the delay in my reply here. I'm curious why you say "at first I assumed it was their IT..." -- from what you've told me, that's what I would imagine -- IT disallowing either certain types of files or downloads of any kind or non-approved URLs or...there could be a lot of possibilities. Did you have them ask about that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ColleenBlakelock: Also make sure you're running the latest versions of everything — OS, browser, 1Password — as it may be something that was improved at some point. You didn't mention even what OS you're using, so not sure what to tell you to look for.

• ColleenBlakelock
    ColleenBlakelock
    Community Member

Thank you both so much for your responses!

I'm not able to get a lot more information about OSes and browsers than I posted above. I'm external to their org, and the burden is on my end to get us to a resolution.

Above, Lars, I was making the distinction between them getting an error when they try to download (which is not what is happening) versus the error appearing in the browser just displaying (pre-loading?) the files in that vault.

I think I have the answer which is their IT is blocking something: a url, a file extension, etc, and I will tell them that and hope they can resolve on their end. I think I was hoping you'd have a list of things that might be blocked at that vault screen, but it sounds like the possibilities are many.

Appreciate the responses, and maybe this will help someone else down the road. Cheers!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up. Hopefully you'll be able to narrow it down. Unfortunately since you haven't provided any details above it's impossible to really offer concrete suggestions. But we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.