[7.2.576] No or Difficult Refresh When Switching Categories or Tags or Vaults

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Seems to me that sometimes 1Password is not responsive to clicks, switching between vaults or categories, the prior list of items remains. It does not necessarily update at all. Multiple clicks or clicking around is the usual workaround. Doesn't seem to matter whether you are searching (text in the field) or not.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2018

Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

Thanks for reporting this.

Is it after unlocking and/or after making a change, basically anything that triggers a sync?

The interface may not respond quickly for a few minutes if there's syncing in the background. This is the biggest issue we have right now and what we're working on addressing as we speak.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

Probably, but not always (??). I've seen this behavior on two different PCs. You click around from category to category trying to get the view to change or if something is selected the rightmost panel is often empty as well. (e.g., I can see the item I selected in the middle, but the right is empty and now, let's say I am trying to force a refresh... lol)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Interesting. We'll see if we can reproduce it. If you can narrow down the context in which this is happening for you be sure to let us know!

• mango
    mango
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Sorry, I realized that I'm not having the exact same problem and started a new discussion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I do think it's probably related, but thank you. :)

• littlejon
    littlejon
    Community Member

Hi Guys,

I'm also on Beta 7.2.576 and suffering the above mentioned slowdowns, any update on progress with this issue?

Kind regards,

Jon

• Hi @littlejon,

No update yet, we're rebuilding the way 1Password create its threads to allow us to control it in a way that any background work will not impact the interface. The recent additions of major features such as local vaults, folder sync, Watchtower 2.0 and so on is putting a lot of pressure on the core threads, so it's struggling to catch up with you.

It's our main focus right now for 1Password 7.3 but we do not have a timeframe on when it will be done, it is taking longer than we expected.

• littlejon
    littlejon
    Community Member

@MikeT - I sincerely hope this issue only affects beta users.

Can you advise if there are any settings I can adjust to alleviate the issue, the software is practically unusable as it stands. Happy to disable features if it will help the app perform its basic functions.

Kind regards,
    Jon

• Hi @littlejon,

There are no betas at the moment, 1Password 7.2 is the latest update and it doesn't affect all users, only on certain hardware setups.

This was an issue in 1Password 7.1 as well, it wasn't a major regression but it did get a little worse for some in 7.2 due to addition work being added.

The only option you have is to uninstall 1Password 7.2 and reinstall 1Password 7.1 from here.

• mango
    mango
    Community Member

Wow, what a difference. I just installed the 7.1 version and it works WAY better then 7.2. Thank you Mike. I can now use the program that I just paid for.

• You're welcome! Hopefully, the upcoming 1Password 7.3 update will address this problem for good. We're making long-term changes that should not regress even when we add more features.

• Hi @mango, one more thing, don't forget to disable automatic update for now.

This discussion has been closed.