To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Refer a friend?

osh
osh
Community Member

Hello,
I used to use LastPass for quite some time and one of the main reasons was that it's simply free, however it's inferior to 1Password in some aspects that made me purchase it.
I made the decision after speaking to friend who essentially showed me a use-case that's worth enough for me. Now I have done the same to refer it to a couple of my friends (they're evaluating it right now).
I saw a discussion from the past about it, but that was 2 years ago and the topic was closed. Are there any updates on this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @osh,

Thanks for taking the time to talk about 1Password, and the importance of password management in general, with your friends. We do not currently have any sort of an affiliate / referral program, though it is something that has long been discussed. It is definitely something we’d like to build — it is just a matter of finding enough hours in the day to do so.

I’m sorry I don’t have anything new to report at this point, but hopefully it is something we’ll be able to offer in the future.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Slicker: Well that's a heck of thing. I guess it's possible to take offense even when none is given. I know Ben didn't mean it the way you seem to have interpreted what he wrote last year, so I hope you'll cut him some slack since he isn't around to defend himself at the moment. :( You're also making quite a number of assumptions and aspersions about our "marketing" and, I guess, our personal lives(?) I'm not really sure what that's all about. So much for "spread the love". I hope you'll be more considerate in the future. :unamused:

Anyway, we have had an affiliate program for a while now. I'm not sure that you'd necessarily be eligible for it, but it doesn't cost anything to apply. Take care. :blush:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Slicker: Okay then. Ageism, sexist, and racism have no place here, so you'll need to go elsewhere if that's your thing. You agreed to these forum guidelines when signing up a matter of hours ago. If you can't adhere to them, you'll need to move on. Take care. :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.