How do I know what will be searched?

Options

There's no indication what's being searched in the search bar. It has the greyed out name of my vault but it only appears to be searching within the group I'm currently looking at. Is this what it's supposed to do? If so, you should indicate that only the current group of records is being searched. Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2.576
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FuriousFan,

Thank you for reaching out!

You are correct, we show you the vault you will be searching in right in the search field:

Moreover, there is a selection in the side bar on the left. If you select All Items there, you will search there. If you want to search in Logins, you can select that category in the side bar and the search will include only that category.

Do you want to see additional indications? Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Greg

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

No, I get it. But, do you see the "Search Test" in your search field? I'm just suggesting it would be helpful to have the text change to reflect what will be searched. It's kinda a UI best practice. I.e. it could change to read "Search Logins". As it is now, you have two different places you need to check to see what will be searched.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FuriousFan: If it says "search logins", then you don't know which vault it's searching in. It seems like the category being searched is clear from the UI, including the actual search results (if you have Logins selected on the left, you won't see Identities show up in your search results). But we can certainly consider your suggestions as we design future versions.

• FuriousFan
    FuriousFan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. The vault being searched is pretty clear, it's in large type at the very top of the screen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I agree. Your suggestion was "change to read 'Search Logins'" (etc.) though. It's an interesting idea, and we'll take it into consideration along with everyone else's feedback. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.