Where is 1PW app for iphone v6.

RMB
RMB
Community Member

I am lost without 1PW on my iPhone. I have been using 1Password from its earliest days. I have lost a lot due do issues with the phone. iOS had to be re-installed. I had the latest version of v6.
Please, I really need this ASAP.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot find 1PW 6 for iphone.

Comments

• Hi @RMB,

1Password 6 has been retired, however if you had previously downloaded it, it should be possible to re-download it from Apple. Please see this guide for further information:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

Ben

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I had a phone crash and it is gone. It was not the Apple Store version to the best of my knowledge. Is there no way to get it back?

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I see 1PW in the list when I follow that link and scroll through the list BUT the cloud icon has no down arrow. Cannot download!

• The App Store is the only place iOS apps can be downloaded. If you have a modern phone you should be able to download the latest version here:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

In order to access your data you’ll either need to sign in to your 1Password membership account (if you have one) or set up the same sync option you had previously established.

Ben

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I found another 1PW icon and it was downloaded. I always synced with Dropbox. I have restored that to my iphone as well but when I go there I see the 1PW vault and it asks for master password. I enter it ( I know it for sure)... It tells me it is incorrect!

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

No go though I downloaded a 1PW when it launches the screen welcomes me to version 7

• Hi @RMB,

On the welcome screen did you scroll down and select the option to sync with Dropbox?

Ben

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

Please show me a way to get v6 back on my phone. Please do not suggest that if I do not want to move to 1Password 7 that the only choice is to leave 1Password. I am an early adopter and I want to stay with what worked so well for so long... V7 is not what I need.

• Please answer my above question. I’d like to help you get up and running but I cannot do that if you ignore my questions.

You cannot download 1Password 6 if your device is capable of running 1Password 7. That is how iOS works. It isn’t generally possible to install older versions of apps. The only exception to that is if you’ve previously had an app, and your device isn’t capable of running the latest version of it, then the App Store will offer to install the latest compatible version.

Ben

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I had to leave to do other things related the state my iphone is in. I did not ignore your question I was not here when you asked it.
    Yes I tried the dropbox sync. Not successful. My iphone 7 was running version 6 with no issues even in the latest ios 11. It was doing the sync with dropbox and two Macs. I had to refresh the OS and now 1PW will not work. Would it work if I could restore the entire phone from a backup or would that also fail? I have had very few problems with 1PW over many years until now. I thought my version 6 was not the App Store version. There is some confusion about that regarding the computer version too. If the non-app store version no longer exists or if it never did and there is no solution other than a version 7 subscription there is nothing more to be done. Using 7 and the subscription model does not work for me.

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

One more thing to note. I have downloaded many of the older apps that were lost and re-installed them and they work. That is basically what I was doing whlle away from this forum.

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I tried to sync with DropBox again. All went well UNTIL I was prompted for the password for my vault stored on DropBox. In the line for the password it asks for "master password". I entered the only master password I have ever used with 1PW on all of my devices and "That Master Password is not correct" appears. That is what happened on the first attempt to do this same process. What next?

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I just tried to do the free trial of V7 on my phone. Doing this on the phone on the App Store shows that free trial offer requires payment information to be applied automatically at the end of the free period. There is only a single user plan shown at $5.49 per month or $47.99 annually. CDN or USD is not specified. On your Web site at https://1password.com/sign-up/ There is a single plan at $2.99 USD per month or Family Plan at $5.99 USD per month both based on annual billing. As well, on the phone it shows the one month free trial Starting Oct. 1 and today is Sept. 1. Surely you can see the potential for confusion in all of the above. I cannot even proceed with v7 free trial at this point as a result. Will V7 open my Dropbox vault? The 1 PW Master Password i used is correct but it will not open and states the password is not correct. it is the same Master Password that works with two of my Macs. It seems like I am in more than one software loop now. 1PW has worked near effortlessly for me for years until now. I really need assistance even to move forward.

• @RMB

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. You responded after I asked the question so I assumed you had seen it.

The best I can figure from your description is that you have multiple 1Password sync files in Dropbox. We’ll need to get 1Password 7 on your iPhone set up to sync with the same file your Macs are syncing with. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from one of your Macs:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95110/
    • Your forum username: RMB

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I would like to know the correct prices since there are two different things shown as described in my previous comment. As well the date is incorrectly shown as the start of the 30 day period and it should be the end. Hopefully you will have the answers regarding price and date by the time I return from creating and sending the diagnostics.

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

As requested:

Support ID is [#EHB-35376-833]

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I want to be certain we are headed in the right direction. The version 6 that I have on my Macs is
    1Password 6
    Version 6.8.9 (689001)
    AgileBits Store

As you know, that indicates it is not from the Apple Store.

Could my lost ios version also be from the AgileBits store rather than the Apple App Store?

Might that be at least part of the problem?

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

I see that the phone app is only available via the Apple App Store.

I suppose I should stop trying to solve this but would a fresh start with sync be worth the effort?

i.e. On the macs change to syncing with iCloud to create a new vault there.
    Then using v7 on the iPhone set up sync with iCloud as well and get all the data from that new vault.

• It appears Laura has been assisting you via email. Let’s keep the conversation all in one place, please. Laura is in the process of replying to your latest email.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.