Password error on Mac

iiyer
iiyer
Community Member

I am on a 1Password families account(while previously using an individual account). I use 1Password on my iPhone and Mac.
Accessing 1Password on my iPhone gives me no problems. But occasionally when I open 1Password on Mac it gives me this error message:

This is strange because it accepts my password to open 1password mini BUT when I retype my master password in the above dialogue box I get this:

I know that the email address, secret key and sign in address are correct from my iPhone -> 1Password -> Acccounts. Weirdly my Master Password is not accepted on 1password.com or on my iPhone if I try to change my master password.

So, my problem? I have passwords saved on each device individually that aren't syncing to each other. I would not like to lose out on either of the passwords. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Also, side note: This might have something to do with me changing my master password once. I vaguely remember being paranoid and trying to change my password while on the move (accessing from my phone). I don't remember if I was successful in my attempt. If I was successful and this is indeed the problem I might have found a loophole because my old master password shouldn't work but does.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iiyer - I'm sorry for the trouble! It sounds as if you may still have either a standalone (local) vault on one or more of your devices, or that you might have registered for more than one 1password.com account. To get a better idea, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject Line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#TQU-39519-866]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @iiyer only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: TQU-39519-866

• iiyer
    iiyer
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars, I have sent those across. Hope it's easily solvable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.