Ability to remap/disable hotkeys

I'm using 1Password X on Firefox. The extension automatically overrides the default browser behaviour for the down button on my keyboard. However, in some cases I just want to use the default browser suggestions for an email/username field without using my mouse. 1Password makes it impossible to do that. It would be great if I could remap that button to use a modifier key together with the down key.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 1.10.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@maartendij: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking though. It sounds like maybe you're using the browser's autofill feature (which we always recommend disabling, both for usability and security), but I'm not sure what you mean by hotkeys. You can customize the keyboard shortcut for 1Password X in its settings. Can you give me an example?

• maartendij
    maartendij
    Community Member

Your assumption is correct, I'm using the autofill on websites which do not have a 1Password account saved or where the icon doesn't show up in the form. The browser autofill (email address suggestions) pops up, but when I try to use the 'down' key on my keyboard to select the first suggestion, 1Password shows up and shows me suggested actions. I'd like to be able to use the browser autofill, but also 1Password with a different key combination. Like command + down.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't believe that's possible though. We may be able to add a way to set exceptions for specific websites that are problematic, but what you're talking about is really a fundamental conflict between the browser's autofill feature and 1Password's functionality. By having both enabled, you're essentially setting them up for a cage match, trying to do roughly the same thing. I'm not sure we can (or should) design around that, and there will always be an inherent conflict there. This is just one symptom of that.

This discussion has been closed.