Auto-Fill Wrong Fields

Options

Login and Register page for a number of websites is on the same page. Here is an example: https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/register . I saved the username/password using the Save New Login... feature in the browser extension. When I try to auto-fill then the username and password are pasted in the create new account column instead of the returning customer column. How can I tell 1password to fill in the correct username and password fields?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@socceric: 1Password does its best to fill the fields as you saved them, so if you saved the registration form it makes sense that 1Password would try to fill that as well. :) Manually saving a new login for the site the way you want 1Password to fill it can help. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I was able to save and fill the login form there. Let me know how it goes!

• socceric
    socceric
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@brenty thanks for checking this. I have actually tried that a few times and every time the wrong fields are getting filled. To clarify I have saved the login while the username and password in the returning customer column where filled and everything else was empty.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @socceric,

I can reproduce when using the stable build of 1Password for Mac and the good news is some changes to how we fill should see better behaviour here based on my testing just now.

• socceric
    socceric
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables thanks for sorting this out! Any release ETA?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@socceric: I apologize for any confusion I may have caused earlier. Not knowing anything about the versions you were using, I just tested with what I already had, and it turns out I was using the beta. I can't give you a release date for anything unfinished, as that's subject to change, but you're welcome to try the beta yourself if you're in a hurry. Otherwise you'll get the update along with everyone else once it's ready.

• socceric
    socceric
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty no worries, thanks! I will wait for the update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• socceric
    socceric
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @littlebobbytables Just checked and I can confirm the issue has been resolved in the latest release. Thanks guys

• littlebobbytables
    Options

At least that's one for the new filling logic :smile:

This discussion has been closed.