Have to start 1Password twice

Running the current stable version of 1Password (7.2.576) on Windows 10 Pro (1803). When Windows starts and I log in, I have to click the 1Password icon (or select it from the start menu) twice in order to get the interface to appear. I have the option to "Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows" turned on.

Also, none of the browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) work until I start 1Password twice.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Gary

Comments

• @geecee: Are you seeing any error messages related to 1Password when you start your PC, by chance? At a glance, this sound like a crash, but it's hard to say for sure unless an error is popping up. Also, if you wait say, 10-15 seconds after booting up before starting 1Password or trying to fill, does that help? Startup is always a bit of a rough time – Windows is trying to get a lot of things up and running. Depending on your PC's specs, this is something that can take long enough you notice and it looks like things aren't responding.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@geecee: Also make sure you don't have multiple copies of 1Password installed. I couldn't tell you how I ended up in that state myself (though testing is a good guess), but I experienced something similar when I had multiple 1Password's listed in Windows installed apps in Settings.

To clarify, having 1Password launch at startup will get the icon in the notification area, so that 1Password will be running to be used on your browser, even without the main 1Password window open. If you have 1Password set to launch at startup and you're not seeing the notification icon, something is preventing it from running.

• geecee
    geecee
    Community Member

Was working on the reply to @bundtkate when the post from @brenty came through. For some reason I did have two copies of 1Password installed. What's strange is that my current version 7.2.576 is / was showing an install date PRIOR to the other version that was listed (7.2.575). Not sure how an older version of 1Password got installed after the more recent version.

Either way, appear to be working normally now. Thanks to both of you for the assistance!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@geecee: Fantastic news! On behalf of Kate and Brenty you are very welcome. :chuffed:

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.