Syncing stopped working after recent version update

Hello:

I have been using 1Password for nearly 2 years. I have been enjoying the software a great deal and even recommended the software to multiple colleagues.

For the past few days though, the syncing process between desktop version and Android app (via Dropbox), however, does not work any longer. Generally speaking, I consider myself somewhat tech-savvy but after having spent several hours on a) reinstalling the app, b) recreating my Dropbox syncing, etc., I feel I am now in need to get some technical assistance from your staff.

Allow me to recap what I completed earlier today:

1. Log into Dropbox.com:
    -- Select "Dropbox > Apps"
    -- Rename the existing folder to, e.g., "1Password_Old"

2. On desktop/laptop, open 1Password software (version 4.6.2.626):
    -- Log into software 1Password software program (for Windows) with master password
    -- Under "Backup" menu, select "Restore 1Password from Backup"
    -- Select most recent backup file (file type = AGILEKEYCHAIN_ZIP)
    -- Doing so results in a new folder being added to Dropbox.com again

3. On Android device, open 1Password app:
    -- Select "Already using 1Password"
    -- Select "Dropbox"
    -- Apps prompts me with "1Password found your vault in Dropbox. Would you like to use this vault?" (response = "use this vault").
    -- Initial sync now prompts for "Master Password". I enter same password that allows me to open the 1Password software on the desktop.
    -- App now shows "Sync error – the data folder 1Password is configured to sync with no longer exists. Tap details for information on resolving this error."

Step 3 is the one that 'baffles' me... again, after having re-created a new 1Password on Dropbox.com (automatically done via the "restore vault"), I am continuously receiving the sync error.

Again, everything was working fine for 2 years (I am "don't fix it if it's not broken" kinda person). Unfortunately, the recent version upgrade -- which was PUSHED by 1Password -- apparently "broke something".

I kindly request your assistance. Thank you in advance.

VR,
Thomas

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 2.626
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

Hi there @ThomasBock301,

Thanks for reaching out! I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password.

Since you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, I moved this discussion to a different topic. I hope you don't mind. :)

1Password 7 for Android (our latest update that we released recently) does not support old vaults with .agilekeychain format, because it is outdated. Is it possible that you are using such vault in 1Password 4 on your PC?

To get a better idea of your current setup, I'd like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and Windows PC. Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report on our side. I will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• ThomasBock301
    ThomasBock301
    Community Member

Greg:

Thank you for the response.

Yes, after several hours of trying different things, I ultimately resolved the issue. The data sync between my Android and computer is working again.

Thank you for your follow-up... the case can be closed now.

VR,
    Tom

• On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome, @ThomasBock301! I'm glad you were able to get sync up and running again and if we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

• ThomasBock301
    ThomasBock301
    Community Member

Thank you, Kate.

• :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.