How can I upgrade from 1Password 4 version 4.4.3 to the latest version?

The subject says it all

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• enriquejp
    enriquejp
    Community Member

The updater says.

1Password for Mac 5.4.3 is now available. There have been 10 updates since you last updated.
    Automatically updating to this version will not work. Please download the latest version of 1Password.

The latest version of 1Password the updater points to is https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-5.4.3.pkg. Is it best to install version 5.4.3 or go another way since 1Password is up to version 7? My passwords are synced via Dropbox if that makes any difference. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@enriquejp: There have been a lot more than 10! Yikes. Sorry for the confusion. Indeed, a lot has changed since 1Password 4 — like our update server. You can, however, download almost any version from our current update site:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

For now, you'll probably want 1Password 6, since that will work with your existing license. 1Password 7 is either a separate purchase, or included in a 1Password.com membership.

You can find pricing for the license in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. :)

• enriquejp
    enriquejp
    Community Member

The upgrade to 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001) completed successfully. Thank you so much @brenty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.