Small translation error and new feature proposal for watchtower

JuCos
JuCos
Community Member

The explanation text on two-factor authentication in the preferences (Watchtower section) contains some errors in French (see attached image 1).

concerning the same subject (Watchtower), it could be useful to be able to exclude certain logs so that they do not appear in the list of elements to be monitored :

• some websites require a 6 or 8 digit password to enter from a keypad (see attached image 2). It is therefore impossible to set a more complex password.
  • some websites appear in the "Two-factor authentication" section but do not offer it to all their users (Wikipedia only makes the option available to certain types of accounts, E*Trade only offers it to its American customers for example)

1:

2:

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14 beta developper 9
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• @Ju971,

Is this the correct string?

Vérifiez les Indeitifications pour les sites Web qui proposent l’authentification en deux facteurs, mais n’incluent pas un mot de passe a usage unique.

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Yep, this one!

• @Ju971,

The string I quoted should show up in 7.2.BETA-2.

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Wow, congratulations on your responsiveness ;)

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

Another little problem with the French translation:
    The text prompting to enter the master password when opening the app is too long and does not fit in the input field (see screenshot attached)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ju971: Do you believe that the translation is incorrect? I'm not sure that box is resizable, but I'll bring it up with the team.

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

No, the translation is good but the French use words that are too long ^^
    It should be possible to reduce the size of the text or enter a shorter sentence
    (« Mot de passe principal », « Saisissez votre mot de passe maître », « Saisissez votre m-d-p principal »...)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ju971: Well...I'm not sure we can change the French language to make its words shorter... :lol: Kidding! Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. It's something I struggle with too when working on (non-French) translations, so I'll pass your comments onto our French-speaking folks for consideration. <3

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member

👍

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.