updated phone app & file changed from agilekeychain to leagacyagilekeychain not cool had to restore

dross106
dross106
Community Member

File in dropbox no problem for years love the program -- whats going on? 1PWW BNKH W9PCHQ 23CGHNY 2E6XBWE Phone android -- computer windows 10

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:updated phone app & file changed from agilekeychain to leagacyagilekeychain not cool had to restore

Comments

• Hi @dross106. Thanks for reaching out!

1Password 7 for Android doesn't support the older Agile Keychain format for vaults, as we're retiring that format. So it will convert your data to our newer OPVault format, which is more secure. After converting, your old vault is renamed, which is why you're seeing the 1Password.legacyagilekeychain vault in Dropbox.

This new format is supported in 1Password 4 for Windows, so you only need to sync with the new 1Password.opvault vault rather than trying sync with the legacy vault. From 1Password 4 for Windows, select File > Open Vault. Navigate through Dropbox and select the 1Password.opvault folder there and open that. That should do the trick. Let us know how it goes!

• dross106
    dross106
    Community Member

That was easy fix. I probably missed a note that told me I needed to change Windows access to the OPVault format after I updated to version 7 on my android phone. All works good again. I've been a user since was first released -- love the app!

• I'm very glad to hear that you were able to resolve it easily, @dross106! Thanks for the kind words! :love:

Let us know if you need anything else again in the future.

This discussion has been closed.