1Password extension for Brave browser

Options

Hey there, is it SAFE to use 1Password in Brave browser? Can this extension be trusted? How much control do you guys in 1Password have over this extension? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @machy92,

We basically have no control, Brave have taken on full responsibility for downloading new versions as needed and they build these into the browser. I have no reason to believe you cannot trust the extension and to be fair there is no gain from them tampering with it. As they control the browser if they were going to do anything bad there will be much more effective ways of doing so rather than tampering with our extension. Our security guru Jeffery Goldberg is positive towards Brave so for that reason alone I have no reason to distrust them.

Brave isn't my day-to-day browser though so I can't speak much about it. That isn't meant to be taken negatively or positively, just that I cannot speak confidently about it. If there were real concerns about the browser though we would have the 1Password client refuse any connection coming from it.

This discussion has been closed.