Trouble with upgrade from 1Password 6 to new Family plan

Options
flobti
flobti
Community Member

I am a VERY long time 1Password user. Was using 1Password 6 & just got a new MacBookPro. I was having trouble linking to my DropBox account and sent a long email to tech support. (I have yet to receive a response). After sending it, I looked further on your site & realized part of my confusion was not even being aware of the subscription. I since opened a Family account. No problems getting it to work on my new MacBookPro. I then tried to add my first "other" device, a new Samsung Note 9. I successfully upgraded and got logged into my new Family account. However, the vault on the Note 9 is NOT syncing with the MacBookPro. Before I attempt to get my other devices working, I want to figure out what I am doing wrong. It does work perfectly on the Note 9, but does not show changes made on the MacBookPro.
On the Settings on the Note 9 1Password, I have 3 Vaults listed, "Primary, Private and Shared". I only have Primary & Shared checked. On the Sync page, I assumed I should NOT use "Dropbox sync" any longer?? (But when unchecked, it still is not syncing with the MacBookPro). Obviously, I am doing something wrong.
Also, if I understand it correctly, I should have access to 1GB of online storage. I assume it works similar to DropBox?? At any rate, I don't see how to use it.
Thanks so much for your help. I LOVE 1Password and very anxious to utilize all the new capabilities, not to mention add family members.
John Barney

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @flobti

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email. I’m currently drafting a reply, and will be in touch with you via email shortly.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.