why can't I drag a credit card from a folder to the credit card category?

why can't I drag a credit card from a folder to the credit card category?

as the years go by...you add categories, vaults etc. side bar is huge!

but I can't simply!

you keep hammering about ease and convenience...lets get down to a basic function

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why can't I drag a credit card from a folder to the credit card category?

Comments

• Hi @pajero,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. It isn’t possible to change the category of an item because the category defines what fields an item will have. As an example... Credit Card items have fields like credit card number, expiration date, CVV2/verification code, etc. While Login items have fields like username and password. If we were to try and design a function whereby items could be moved between categories we’d have to reconcile those differences. How should 1Password map the username field into a Credit Card item? Or the credit card number into a Login item?

Because of these and other challenges I’m not aware of any plans at this point to create such a function, but I’d be interested to hear more about how you’d expect this to work if it were to exist in the future.

Thanks! And Merry Christmas!

Ben

• pajero
    pajero
    Community Member

I can't solve the problem as I didn't create it. You are saying that too bad that your sidebar is unwieldy.
    The only fix is to re-enter all items into categories that your techies can live with.
    I am a paying customer since version 1. Now you want a monthly subscription.
    I pay to get a product that is intuitive and idiot proof...I don't pay to here technical issues.
    What's missing here is the concept of "the customer experience" those of us who were at the beginning.
    Time you have the techies make "the customer experience"primary...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2017

@pajero,

Thanks for the feedback, and for being a long time 1Password customer. Merry Christmas.

Ben

• brucebc
    brucebc
    Community Member

There is a relatively easy fix on this: create a copy function that gets all the text of an item. Then the user can create a new item, paste the text into the notes field, and manually move it all around as needed.

Currently in the desktop application: creating a new item, saving, going back to old item, copying a single element, closing, finding new item, editing, pasting element, saving, closing, going back and finding the old item, editing, etc. over and over again until every field is transferred.

For 1Password X, I find that I can open two items in different Chrome tabs, this eases the process of cutting and pasting.

• @brucebc

If you’re using 1Password 7 that isn’t necessary. You can use the “Open in Separate Window” feature in 1Password mini to open and view the source item, while viewing and editing the destination item in the main 1Password application’s window.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.