Saving takes 24 seconds to update

I just upgraded to Windows version 7.2.567 from 4.6 and the main UI is super slow. I created a brand new stand alone vault, syncing with Dropbox. When I try entering information into a login, it takes 24 seconds to save the data and update. I can switch to different stand alone vaults or click on different categories and it will remember my clicks, but takes the 24 seconds to act.

1Password Version: 7.2.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Window 10 Pro Version 1803 Build 17134.228
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mango: I've moved your post out of the beta category since you're not using a beta. It sounds like you're running into a known performance issue, which also affects sync. Does this happen any time you try to make changes, or just shortly after unlocking?

• mango
    mango
    Community Member

Thank you for moving the post. I just happened to come across the beta info and then purchased the new 7.2 version, so I thought that it was still a beta.

It happens all the time. I can have the 1password program open for 15 minutes and it still happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Dropbox, thinking that might be the issue, but it didn't resolve the issue.

I also got rid of the other vaults that I had syncing in 1Password, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Today, it seems to be taking 13 seconds to save or delete, so maybe the uninstall/reinstall of Dropbox helped a little.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mango,

That is quite strange. Right now we are working on a fix for that performance issue Brenty mentioned above. Your symptoms are a little different, but I believe that it should help you too. Please stay tuned.

I am sorry for this inconvenience. If you have any other questions about this situation, we will do our best to answer them. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• mango
    mango
    Community Member

Hopefully it helps. I've been using 1Password for a long time and love the program. It's unfortunate that I purchased the new version hoping that it would be better, but had to uninstall it because it is not usable in this state.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that. We hope to have something to share with you soon.

• mango
    mango
    Community Member

Hey everyone. Just in case you're reading this. MikeT in another thread, had a temporary fix.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/459235#Comment_459235

I installed version 7.1 and it works way better. The program is now useable.

• Make sure you disable automatic update for now, it'll update you to 7.2 automatically. Be sure to turn it back on when 7.3 is available, we do plan to address this properly in the next update.

• mango
    mango
    Community Member

Thank you.

• No problem!

This discussion has been closed.