Currently using 1Password 6 (and 4 on windows) with 7 family members including elderly parents and kids of varying ages in various cities, all with iPhones, most with apple computers but some with windows. My (the father) dropbox has separate shared folder containing each family member's agile bits keychain for each user. They all have dropbox on all devices and on each device 1Password syncs with each individual's vault agilebits keychain. My wife and I use the same primary vault. We can access all the other family members vaults and move items between vaults which is very helpful for helping them all set up logins and for me to see logins/passwords as needed to help them manage things. Particularly since I am not in the same city as most of them. None of them share with the others and they can't see all the stuff in my wife's and my vault. It all works and everyone is very happy with it. Thank-you Agilebits!
But Agilebits is clearly migrating to and encouraging use of subscription model. My current system's days are therefore probably numbered. In the interests of being proactive I am trying to figure out how to recreate the function that I now have to keep everyone safe. I would like to be able to see and administer the vaults and their contents, move/copy useful vault items to those that need them and allow family members to add and modify items in their own vault only. I would also like to be sure that the children can take their vault with them when they become independent or if something happens to me. Would be a huge pain for them to have to recreate a new password vault.
I would also like to manage this as inexpensively as possible and via the most user friendly setup possible so that my wife or kids could manage things if I no longer can.
1) In Family program everyone gets their own individual vault that the Family manager can not access which is a problem for the benign IT despot (father) who needs access to all data that allows for support of computers, phones, etc while making sure everyone has access to their own stuff but not the other kids's or elderly parent's stuff. Could I use a Family Plan and set them all up as guests?
1a) Can a guest account be set up to import or acquire an existing vault? From its dropbox keychain? Some other way?
2) Would the kid's then be able to take their vault with them when they take over their own IT support and want to setup their own Family or individual account?
3) Would there be any option for another sibling of the elderly parent's to get access to their parent's vault to help out?
4) If supported users have their own private vault and I set them up with a vault shared just by that user and me/my wife how likely is it that they will inadvertently start putting items into the vault I have no access to? No real problem with them having their own vault but it is very helpful to access logins for IT support on my own schedule (which is enough of pain in the neck already without having to transcribe long passwords by hand over the phone.)
5) If I set up more than one Family account would it be possible for my wife to use 1Password 7 to access our, what used to be called "primary" vault and also access vault she shares with her father on a 2nd separate Family account? In other words, can a user be a member of more than one Family account?
6) Can a Family manager mange more than one family from a single 1Password7 installed on one computer?
7) Could I use 1Password6, syncing with vaults on dropbox, for one Family and for the other family use 1Password7 on the same computer with the vaults on agile bits servers?
8) Is it correct that 1Password7 can not be used to sync with vaults on dropbox?
9) Would Teams support allow for individual support by phone?
10) Would Teams allow importing existing vaults from agile bits keychains in dropbox?
11) How could a migration to the subscription model be done for users in 5 cities without taking anyone "offline" for long? Would be nice to figure out how to set up a new system in parallel while using the old system and then switch all at once, or better, allow users to use old system till I visit them or vice versa for on site changeover..
12) Can I run a Teams account and my current system at that same time and gradually shift users from current to Teams account?
13) What questions should I have been asking but didn't?
14) If I leave well enough alone how long before I have to make a change to subscription model?
Thanks in advance
1Password Version: Mac 6.8.8/win 4/most recent iOS
Extension Version: most recent(for most part)
OS Version: macOS 10.12 and 10.13, win 7 home and win 10
Sync Type: dropbox