UI suggestion regarding search

m201809
m201809
Community Member

Exiting search in the Android app (7.0.3) is awkward.

Generally, the "favorites" tab is the tab I use most often in the app. I keep my frequently used 2FA accounts there. When I need another password I find it by searching. Once I've used that password, it takes a lot of steps to get back to the favorites page. The flow is:

• Start on favorites page
  • Tap search icon
  • Perform the search
  • Tap on the result
  • Tap the back button, which brings you back to the search results, with the text-entry field focused
  • Tap the 'down' button to dismiss the keyboard
  • Tap either the 'favorites' button or the back button to get back to the favorites screen

I think the flow would be a lot better if, once you've selected a search result, the back button took you directly back to whichever of the favorites/categories/tags tabs you were last on, or if the favorites/categories/tags/settings buttons were accessible on the detail page of a selected account (the one that actually shows the password).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @m201809. Thanks for reaching out and for the feedback!

In the scenario you used, if you tap the back button twice, rather than tapping it once and then dismissing the keyboard, you will get right back to the Favorites screen on the second tap. That said, I'll go ahead and pass the request on to our development team. Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.